Some interesting Hunting and Fishing Facts,
With increasing taxes and the cost of permits on the rise, it appears hunters and anglers are being taken advantage of.
The vast majority of people that hunt and fish are blue collar workers and have carried the burden of wildlife conservation on their backs for years. Over regulation of these sports has reached an apex as well, causing many to just give up. I wonder, is that the ultimate goal of the regulators?
- Since 1939, Americans have paid approximately $5.6 Billion for wildlife conservation through excise taxes on firearms, ammunition and archery gear.
- Hunters and anglers support more jobs nationwide than the number of people employed by Walmart.
- More Americans are killed in accidents involving vending machines than gun accidents.
- On average, an angler spends $1,046 every year on the sport and hunters spend $1,638 hunting.
- Through license sales and excise taxes on equipment, hunters and anglers pay for most fish and wildlife conservation programs.
- Anglers and boaters have paid $3.6 Billion in excise taxes since 1952.
- In 2009 alone, nearly $1.4 Billion was paid by hunters and anglers in license fees.
- If sport fishing were a corporation, it would rank 51 on the Fortune 500 list.
- If U.S. hunters were a military, they would represent a force of over 30 Million. China’s entire military force (largest in the world) is 7 Million.
sources: Outdoor life, American Sportfishing Association, Wikipedia
The folks in these pics are just trying to have a good time doing what they love. Are they paying too much and are they over regulated? Would love to hear your opinion
whether you agree or disagree. Try hard to keep it civil, but lay it all out there and don’t hold back. I will edit out any profanity. Please share this Hunting and Fishing Facts post on your social sites as well. Thanks for reading.